Friday, July 17, 2009

Photos... finally

Sorry for the delay, I got caught up with night sifts and weddings and life in general but here are some new photos for you of the photo quilt. I didn't manage to take a pic of the entire quilt but you can get a good idea from these. The fabric is a Tula Pink - Nest jelly roll and plain white cotton for the sashing . This is the first time I have machine quilted something that is not a "practice piece" and found it a lot easier to do loops rather than stippling, is hard for me to picture where I am going next. But things were going a lot smoother and faster at the end. There are 12 blocks in total and it is the perfect size for my friend to sit under while she has her chemo treatment. The 4d scan is of their baby boy who was born just before she was diagnosed with leukemia. I'm going to my parents next weekend so will get to catch up with her then and give the quilt to her. It still needs a label but that should be stitched in place tomorrow. I also made today a laptop sleeve out of black and white polka dot fabric using the tutorial from here. It was super easy and only took 2.5 hrs from start to finish and it fits perfectly. No more taking my laptop out of its case to go through airport security... I still haven't done the blocks for the last two months of the geese in the forest, maybe after next month, which is super busy already with two weekends away and a 25th birthday party to organise and pull off, may be that's where the inspiration for the black and white spots came from...

1 comment:

Kazz said...

I love photo quilts!!